Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spartacus: Blood and Sand Ep1 Review


This one is going to be short and sweet. I liked the show, I thought it could be better, but it was entertaining enough. I was really expecting a show similar to HBO's Rome, which it really is not. If I had to compare it, I would say it is a mix between Gladiator and 300. It has a very similar storyline to Gladiator and the special effects are the same type used in movies like 300 and Sin City. Almost the entire show is shot in front of a blue screen, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, I was expecting a show like Rome with huge gorgeous sets. So to me, all the SE kind of took away from the show. I will still watch the coming episodes because I did enjoy the story of it and I am a fan of shows and movies of that era. Check it out if you like those kinds of shows. Lastly, Lucy Lawless (Xena) is in the cast as well as John Hannah (The Mummy). This was a surprise to me because I really wasn't expecting to see anyone I recognized.


Rating: 3 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment