Monday, January 25, 2010

Movie Review: Halloween 2


This is the sequal to the Rob Zombie remake of the original horror classic, Halloween. I know that there are a lot of people who think Zombie has an amazing and original vision in all of his work, but, most of the time I just don't see it. I liked his version of the first movie, but this one, it just had little to no story. It was basically just two hours of gratuitous violence, half of which served no purpose to "the story." It honestly felt like I was watching one of those Faces of Death movies. I have nothing against a "slasher movie," nothing at all, but you have to give me something other than blood and guts. Two hours of slaying is just too much when there isn't an enticing story to go along with it.

The little story that the movie did have made absolutely no sense at all. I was trying really hard to follow it, no offense, but, I shouldn't have to try so hard to follow the storyline of a "slasher movie."

The acting was average(at best). Special effects were decent enough. The killings looked pretty gruesome, which is a good thing considering the type of movie it is.

Last thing I will mention is how annoyed I am at how often and blatantly we see Michael Myers's(Tyler Mane) face. In the original films we never see him without the mask on, which gave those movies more mystery and higher fear factors because you didn't know what was behind the mask. It also drove the audience to want to know, which heightens our intrigue. Zombie lost this, and it was a shame.

Rating: 2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment