Sunday, March 21, 2010

Movie Review: Surrogates


I will open this review by asking a question. Did you enjoy I, Robot? If your answer is yes, then you will probably enjoy this movie. I found Surrogates to basically be a sequel to I, Robot. This may be due to the fact that in both movies, the "robots" were created by a doctor played by the same actor (James Cromwell). They are not actually the same character so this is not really a sequel, but it basically has the same plot, just takes place in an even lazier society than in I, Robot. This movie stars Bruce Willis as our protagonist, Tom Greer. He is a cop trying to solve a string of murders, yes it is the usual "who done it" movie. Basically people have become completely isolated and never leave the safety of their homes. They instead use surrogate robots to walk the streets in their place. They can make these surrogates look any way they please, and live vicariously through them using some form of virtual reality.
Someone has an advanced weapon that is being used to kill surrogates, Greer's surrogate is destroyed and he must walk the streets "for real" for the first time in years to find out who is killing the surrogates and why.
I really viewed this movie as a lesser version of I, Robot. With that said, Surrogates isn't the best movie I've ever seen, but its not the worst either. If you need your fix of Sci-Fi action/thrills, this will do the job just fine.

Rating: 3 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment