Friday, May 14, 2010

Movie Review: Twilight: New Moon


Team Edward or Team Jacob? Who the hell cares, other than teenage girls? The truth is that I will probably watch all of these movies because they are "vampire movies" and I use the term loosely, very loosely. I would more likely just say that these movies are really just a regular teen drama that happens to have vampires and werewolves in it. But again, I use those terms loosely. Vampires do not twinkle in the sunlight, they burn, and werewolves, well, they just looked horrible. As a whole this sequel was ten times worse than the original. It was too long, and way too boring. I remember mentioning in class how little I thought of this movie and how I was unleashed upon by some of the young ladies in the class. "OMG, it was so amazing." "Jacob and Edward are so hot!" Good to know. I am not a young girl, so I tend to disagree. Truth is, if you want a sappy teen drama then this movie is for you. If you want a vampire movie, look elsewhere. It's that simple.

Rating: 1 1/2 stars

1 comment:

  1. I'd watch a Twilight spinoff all about the Forks high school w/out the demented vampire angst. Some of the secondary characters are completely charming.

    ReplyDelete